We know that within most markets there are companies and individuals who prey on consumers, especially ones who are not fully aware of how to locate a professional. Unfortunately, this is true within our very own industry and profession.
Here are 10 tips to help you, the consumer, make the best choice when hiring a garage door company to repair or sell a you a new garage door.
- Does the business have a brick and mortar office in the community?
- Has the business provided you with names of satisfied customers?
- Have you checked with the Better Business Bureau, Angie’s List or Chamber of Commerce?
- How long has the company been in business?
- Does the company carry required insurance; very important.
- Many companies are members of the International Door Association, these firms adhere to a strictCode of Business Practices – check it out
- Many companies are also accredited by the Institute of Door Dealer Education and use IDEA certified door technicians.
- Does the company install products or repair them in compliance with local, state and federal codes?
- If you are requiring only repair or service work, make sure you obtain a firm estimate prior to authorizing the work. If the cost of repair or service seems extremely unreasonable, it probably is.
- Although it may seem unimportant, are the company vehicles clean and professionally signed? If required, do they include a contractor license number?